Fundraising & Partnerships Manager
Department: Fundraising & Partnerships
Date Compiled: May 2021
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Engages with: Chief Executive, Directors of the Society, Senior Management Team, donors, prospects and external stakeholders.
Hours per week: 40 hours (0900 – 1700) inclusive of one hour paid meal break per day.
Since 1784, The Royal Highland and Agricultural Society of Scotland (RHASS) has been the respected standard-bearer for farming and rural industry in Scotland. With around 15,000 members, it promotes Scotland's land-based and allied businesses. A registered charity, the Society plays a pivotal role in the creation of a better understanding of the management of Scotland's land and rural resources. RHASS is well known for its delivery of the Royal Highland Show. The Show is one of Scotland's most iconic events, showcasing the very best of farming, food and rural life. The four-day event offers fun for all ages, getting up close to the country's top quality livestock, tasting exceptional food & drink and experiencing rural living at its most vibrant. Held annually, in June at the Royal Highland Centre in Ingliston, the event attracts over 1,000 exhibitors, 4,500 head of livestock and up to 195,000 visitors; with large numbers coming from the rest of the UK and Ireland and many visitors from overseas.
Sadly, the planned 180th show, in 2020, had to be cancelled due to Covid-19. Due to the ongoing restrictions, the 2021 Show will also not go ahead in its normal format but, instead, a live Showcase will take place behind closed doors in the week of 14th June 2021. The Showcase will see the best in livestock judging, equestrian, food & drink and rural skills livestreamed from the showground in Edinburgh to a global audience. This is a fantastic opportunity to bridge the gap between a no show year in 2020 and the 180th Royal Highland Show celebration in 2022, the bicentennial anniversary of the very first show.
RHASS has three subsidiary organisations: Highland Centre Limited, a trading company managing Scotland's largest indoor & outdoor venue the Royal Highland Centre; the Royal Highland Education Trust (RHET), which aims to provide the opportunity for every child in Scotland to learn about food, farming and the countryside and the Royal Highland Society Development Trust, which is an independent charity set up to manage investments, primarily for the benefit of RHASS.
Following a highly successful fundraising campaign through 2020 and into 2021, RHASS is looking for an exceptional individual to build on this foundation and drive forward our fundraising ambitions to help us do even more for our charitable remit.
The Fundraising & Partnerships Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the Fundraising Strategy, to maximise the generation of funds for RHASS in order to achieve its charitable aims
This will involve generating new income and developing and implementing successful fundraising strategies for the various areas of the organisation. The post holder will establish and develop relationships with key stakeholders, voluntary and statutory bodies and raise the profile of RHASS in order to attract fundraising opportunities.
The role will include developing and implementing F&P strategies, achieving stretch targets in both the short and longer term and managing and developing the sponsorship portfolio for the Royal Highland Show.
- Manage a portfolio of corporate relationships and partnerships, with particular focus on high-value partnerships.
- Lead on negotiations with corporate partnerships for RHASS and its subsidiary organisations.
- Identify strategic corporate fundraising opportunities and new partnerships which are aligned with the values, ethos and ambitions of RHASS.
- Write innovative, attractive, well-researched and appealing proposals and overview documents with the Chief Executive for prospective sponsors/donors.
- Utilise database and resources to their fullest potential to develop relationships and maximise income.
- Establish and maintain links with other voluntary or statutory bodies.
- Source and instigate new partnership opportunities, whilst maintaining existing links.
- Undertake additional roles in the lead up to and during the Royal Highland Show.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working in a senior fundraising/ sponsorship/business development role.
- Developing and managing partnership working with stakeholders and members.
- A good understanding of the wider funding environment and changing trends in the charity sector, including legal requirements.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Experience of working with a broad range of donor prospects – individuals, trusts and corporates.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Relevant professional qualifications and memberships.
- Ability to implement a range of fundraising strategies and techniques
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Previous experience of negotiating sponsorship contracts will be useful.
- Line management experience.
- Annual holiday entitlement starting at 20 days per annum, in addition to 10 public holidays and up to 4 discretionary Directors days to be taken between Christmas and New Year
- Contributory pension scheme under which the Society contributes 10% of basic salary on the provision that you contribute 6%.
Closing date is 15 June 2021. Details of how to apply: https://www.s1jobs.com/job/fundraising-partnerships-manager-21453418
Sign up to our newsletter.
Join our mailing list and get the latest news about RHASS.