PA to Chief Executive
PA to Chief Executive
Since 1784, The Royal Highland and Agricultural Society of Scotland (RHASS), has been the respected standard-bearer for farming and rural industry in Scotland. With over 16,000 members, its key remit is to promote Scotland's land-based and allied businesses. A registered charity, the Society plays a pivotal role in the creation of a better understanding of the management of Scotland's land and rural resources.
RHASS is perhaps best known for the Royal Highland Show which takes place in June each year and is a showcase of all the best in food, farming and rural life. In addition the Royal Highland Centre is Edinburgh’s largest events venue and welcomes over 1 million people every year to over 200 events, including outdoor/indoor music events, car/track events and consumer lifestyle events.
The Society employs around fifty people who work in a variety of roles and teams.
Our client is looking for a Personal Assistant who will work closely with, and provide full administrative support to, the Chief Executive. You will also provide ad hoc administrative support to the executive committee and senior office bearers, and will have responsibility for, and deal with, all secretarial and administrative tasks.
As the CEO’s first point of contact with people both internally and from outside the organisation, you will contribute to the success of the organisation by ensuring the CEO is in a position to deliver the company’s objectives.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Ability to manage upwards when appropriate.
• Ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work on your own initiative.
• Honesty and reliability.
• Very high level of personal integrity, discretion and trustworthiness and confidentiality.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Katy Gall at Aspen Recruitment on 0141 212 7555.
Sign up to our newsletter.
Join our mailing list and get the latest news about RHASS.