Vacancy: Groundsman (Horticulture)
Job Title: Groundsman (Horticulture)
Date Compiled: 3/12/18
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Engages with: Operations and Estates Team, Event Sales, Planning & Delivery teams, Contractors, Suppliers, Exhibitors.
Hours per week: Annualised hours (2028 hours per year)
(0700 – 1630, Mon to Fri, from May to October; 0800 – 1530, Mon to Fri, from October to April)
Further hours required in the lead up to, and during, the Royal Highland Show, for which relevant overtime is payable.
Since 1784, The Royal Highland and Agricultural Society of Scotland (RHASS), has been the respected standard-bearer for farming and rural industry in Scotland. With over 16,500 members, its key remit is to promote Scotland's land-based and allied businesses. A registered charity, RHASS plays a pivotal role in the creation of a better understanding of the management of Scotland's land and rural resources.
To assist in the effective management and maintenance of the Royal Highland Centre by ensuring all grounds are in prime condition, through the maintenance and production of plants & shrubs etc, to support the Royal Highland Show and all other events held at the Royal Highland Centre.
• Assist in the maintenance/upkeep of the Showground
• Assist in the plant production/ Planting out plants
• Repairs to Grass
• Grass Cutting/Turfing
• Border maintenance/planting
• Weed killing
• Chainsaw work/Hedge Cutting/Pruning
• Provision of flowers/plants for Royal Highland Show on time and on budget
• Greenhouse and Garden Area Work
• Assist with vermin control
• Forklift Driving
• Support Delivery of all events including the Royal Highland Show
Key Skills and experience:
• Recognised qualification within the horticultural / landscaping industry
• Several years’ experience working in a relevant role
• Good organisational skills
• Annual holiday entitlement starting at 20 days per annum, in addition to 10 public holidays and up to 4 discretionary Directors days to be taken between Christmas and New Year
• Contributory pension scheme under which RHASS contributes 10% of basic salary on the provision that you contribute 6%.
Sign up to our newsletter.
Join our mailing list and get the latest news about RHASS.