RHASS Event Delivery - Operations Team
Royal Highland and Agricultural Society of Scotland: The Royal Highland & Agricultural Society of Scotland (RHASS) is a long established Scottish Charity that exists to support and encourage the very best of agriculture, communicate and bring to life its value and develop a greater appreciation of the impact of agriculture on everyday life – it achieves this by delivering the aspirations of our stakeholders.
The RHASS is perhaps best known for the Royal Highland Show in June – a showcase of all the best in food, farming and rural life. However, this only represents around 50% of its revenue. The Royal Highland Centre (RHC) is Edinburgh’s largest events venue and welcomes over 1 million people every year to over 220 events, including outdoor/indoor music events, car/track events and consumer lifestyle events.
Job Title: Event Delivery - Operations Team
Responsible to: Venue Event Manager
Hours per week: Full time
Contract: Fixed term (6 months)
Salary: £19,000 - £20,000
Closing Date: 15 August 2018
Provide support to the Venue Events Manager on the day to day running of the Operations Departments’ objectives.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with delivering the team daily task log and ongoing projects as instructed by the Venue Events Manager
- Assist with delivery of departmental procedures by the team
- Assist with monitoring of stock and equipment required for the departmental objectives
- Identify potential efficiencies and improvements in the day to day operation of the department
- Assist with the implementation of the H&S system properly
- On occasion, you may be asked to be the venue representative - when requested
- Ensuring venue is fit for purpose prior to client arrival
- Liaising with Event Planner to ensure venue requirements have been met in advance of each event
- Follow instruction from Venue Events Manager
Contacts arising from job:
External - External Event organisers, Preferred suppliers
Internal - All departments
Experience requirements for job:
- Previous event industry experience- essential
- Full UK Drivers License - essential
- Forklift ticket - desirable
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to communicate well and liaise with colleagues/clients and other RHASS departments
- Strong leadership skills and qualities
Sign up to our newsletter.
Join our mailing list and get the latest news about RHASS.